DocSmartz Power Server is powerful, flexible and user-friendly server-based software that provides PDF Creation and Conversion functionality.
DocSmartz Power Server equips multiple users with complete PDF creation and extraction capabilities. It provides centralized deployment and licensing. The application is first installed on a server, and from a simple user interface there, the desktop software for conversion and creation are deployed easily to multiple user systems.
Following are the minimum system configuration required to install DocSmartz
· Microsoft® Win 2000/ Win XP/ Win 2003 server
· 256 MB of memory (RAM) (512 MB recommended)
· 35 MB of free hard disk space
· Internet connection for activation
Following are the terms that a user should follow while using a DocSmartz Power Server:
1) Server administrator should be a local Administrator on the target-machine (check using computer management).
2) On target machine, the Workstation service should be running (check using services.msc).
3) On target machine, the Server service should be running (check using services.msc).
4) The Windows Network should be running.
5) An administrator should also find out if the Printer and File Sharing are also activated (no need to actually share anything).
6) DocSmartz Power Server requires the Remote Registry service to be running on the remote computer. By default, this service is configured to be started manually. To configure the Remote Registry service to start automatically, run services.msc and change the Startup Type of the service (Remote Registry) to Automatic.
To start the installation, run the installation executable DocSmartzPowerServerInstaller.exe and follow the standard installation instructions (see Fig.).
On the 2nd step you will be asked where the server program should be installed (see Fig.).
It is recommended to keep the default path, offered by the program.
Installation program will place the DocSmartz Power Server files in the following folders: installation folder (C:\Program Files\DocSmartz Power Server by default for
DocSmartz Power Server)
[SysFolder]\DocSmartz Power Server (say C:\Windows\System32\ DocSmartPowerServer) folder.
After the DocSmartz Power Server is installed, run the Server main application file
(DocSmartzPowerServer.exe) by clicking on shortcut to it on the desktop or from “All Programs” in Windows Start menu —a dialog pops up asking the user for required utility (pstools) (See Fig. 1)
Browse the path of pstools, if it is available; else download it from the link provided.
After getting the path of PsTools, splash screen (fig. 2) pops up providing user with three options:
After giving valid input in splash screen, DocSmartz Power Server main window will open (fig 3) from where administrator can deploy the 2 desktop software Docsmartz PDF Converter Pro and PDF Creator on client machine. (For more information, refer the help file)
On uninstalling DocSmartz Power Server from the server, the desktop applications DocSmartz PDF Converter Pro and PDF Creator will also be uninstalled from all clients. Following are the two methods to uninstall:
1. Click Start > Programs > DocSmartz Power server
2. From the DocSmartz Power server sub menu, click ‘Uninstall’. Follow the uninstall instructions on the Uninstall wizard
1. Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double-click ‘Add/Remove Programs’ icon.
3. Select DocSmartz Power server and click the ‘Change/Remove’ button.
4. Follow the uninstall instructions on the Uninstall wizard.